Fujifilm x t4 vs x t3

Fujifilm X-T4 vs Fujifilm X-T3: which should you buy?

Fujifilm says the X-T4 is intended as a sister model to the X-T3 rather than a direct replacement, but there are enough differences between the two that some users might wish to upgrade.

And there may be people looking at the X series afresh, wanting to know which is the better choice. Initially I wrote that the majority of benefits would be experienced by video shooters but the more I've used it, the more I believe some stills-only photographers will appreciate the newer model.

But, of course, the X-T3 has been on the market long enough that its price has dropped, so anyone looking to buy for the first time might be tempted to save a fair chunk of money by going for the unstabilized camera. So what are the differences that matter? I much prefer a tilt screen. I love the Fuji and Olympus lenses! If I can ever get a Zeiss for that I will add it. If we were more content with what we have, would there be less need for global mass manufacturing and associated travel.

Yes things might cost a bit more, but if the level of churn is reduced the cost per year would be less. If we don't have people making the "very latest" what-ever, can they be redeployed into something more useful.

Well it's the same amount of money floating around; it's how we want to distribute it to best effect that is the question. And what we really care about - having the very latest "thing" or knowing that we live in a society that is not vulnerable to massive shocks.

I agree. But ditto for computers, tablets, watches, music playing tech, kitchens, bathrooms, white goods, cars, etc.

fujifilm x t4 vs x t3

Improved focus tracking is a biggie for me. I regularly shoot fast moving animals and objects with my XT2, but my - much cheaper! Have already ordered the XT4; curious when it will arrive This cunundrum could be partially solved by the Sony A Sorry to say it. Not for people who already own a collection of Fujinon lenses. Sony lenses also leave a lot to be desired, especially compared to Fujinon lenses. Sony is a "bandwagon" thing. Buy a Sony, to get any improvements, you have to buy another Sony.

On par with the X-H1 maybe, but X-T4 is certainly better. The other commenters point about quality is true as well.Over the years, Fujifilm has gone from catching up in various departments such as autofocus, video, and overall speed to equalling if not surpassing some of its direct competitors. The new X-T4 follows the same path. It fixes some of the final things that needed to be addressed IBIS, battery and further improves the performance, which makes this new model one of the most exciting and complete APS-C cameras you can find today.

Ethics statement : the information shared in this article is based on our personal experience with the X-T3 and X-T4. We were not asked to write anything about these cameras, nor were we provided any compensation of any kind.

Within the article, there are affiliate links. If you decided to buy something after clicking the link, we will receive a small commission. To know more about our ethics, you can visit our full disclosure page. Thank you! Five Axis Image Stabilisation 2. Larger Battery 3.

fujifilm x t4 vs x t3

Slightly Larger Dimensions 4. LCD Monitor 5. Shutter Unit and Continuous Shooting 6. Autofocus Software 7. Image Quality Settings 8. Video Recording 9.

Menu and Customisation If you want a quick glimpse of the main differences between these two cameras, check out the video below! Are you reading from your mobile phone? Want to see a quick overview of what this article is about? Check out the X-T3 vs X-T4 web story!Both cameras offer a resolution of 26 megapixels. Below is an overview of the main specs of the two cameras as a starting point for the comparison.

Going beyond this snapshot of core features and characteristics, what are the differences between the Fujifilm X-E4 and the Fujifilm X-T4? Which one should you buy? Read on to find out how these two cameras compare with respect to their body size, their imaging sensors, their shooting features, their input-output connections, and their reception by expert reviewers.

An illustration of the physical size and weight of the Fujifilm X-E4 and the Fujifilm X-T4 is provided in the side-by-side display below. The two cameras are presented according to their relative size.

Three consecutive perspectives from the front, the top, and the back are available. All size dimensions are rounded to the nearest millimeter. If the front view area width x height of the cameras is taken as an aggregate measure of their size, the Fujifilm X-T4 is notably larger 42 percent than the Fujifilm X-E4. Moreover, the X-T4 is substantially heavier 67 percent than the X-E4.

It is noteworthy in this context that the X-T4 is splash and dust-proofwhile the X-E4 does not feature any corresponding weather-sealing. The above size and weight comparisons are to some extent incomplete since they do not consider the interchangeable lenses that both of these cameras require.

In this particular case, both cameras feature the same lens mount, so that they can use the same lenses. You can compare the optics available in the Fujinon X Lens Catalog. Mirrorless cameras, such as the two under consideration, have the additional advantage of having a short flange to focal plane distance, which makes it possible to mount many lenses from other systems onto the camera via adapters.

The battery packs of both cameras can be charged via USBwhich can be very convenient when travelling. The table below summarizes the key physical specs of the two cameras alongside a broader set of comparators. In case you want to display and compare another camera duo, you can use the CAM-parator app to select your camera combination among a large number of options.

Any camera decision will obviously take relative prices into account. The listed launch prices provide an indication of the market segment that the manufacturer of the cameras have been targeting. The X-E4 was launched at a markedly lower price by 50 percent than the X-T4, which puts it into a different market segment.

Usually, retail prices stay at first close to the launch price, but after several months, discounts become available. Later in the product cycle and, in particular, when the replacement model is about to appear, further discounting and stock clearance sales often push the camera price considerably down.

fujifilm x t4 vs x t3

Then, after the new model is out, very good deals can frequently be found on the pre-owned market. The size of the sensor inside a digital camera is one of the key determinants of image quality. A large sensor will generally have larger individual pixels that offer better low-light sensitivity, provide wider dynamic rangeand have richer color-depth than smaller pixels in a sensor of the same technological generation.

Further, a large sensor camera will give the photographer additional creative options when using shallow depth-of-field to isolate a subject from its background. On the downside, larger sensors are more costly to manufacture and tend to lead to bigger and heavier cameras and lenses.

Both cameras under consideration feature an APS-C sensor and have a format factor sometimes also referred to as "crop factor" of 1. Within the spectrum of camera sensors, this places the review cameras among the medium-sized sensor cameras that aim to strike a balance between image quality and portability. Both cameras have a native aspect ratio sensor width to sensor height of What's interesting about this new X-T model, though, is that it won't be replacing its predecessor, the Fujifilm X-T3.

The latter arrived in Septemberso is still very much a current camera and comes with a more affordable price tag. So which one should you buy? The X-T4 certainly brings some significant new features.

In-body image stabilization IBIS is the big change. The Fujifilm X-T4 is a little larger and heavier than its sibling, but one of the trade-offs is a superior battery life. This may be the most important upgrade for street and travel photography the series has seen yet. But does it make the upgrade worth it overall? Let's find out. The Fujifilm X-T4 will be shipping sometime in April — although there isn't a precise date for availability, you can pre-order the camera now either body-only or in various lens bundles see table below.

Its predecessor, the Fujifilm X-T3, will remain on sale indefinitely and has had a small price reduction since late January While prices vary between regions, you can effectively buy a new Fujifilm X-T3 with an XFmm kit lens for the same price as a body-only X-T4.

This could make deciding between the two a tricky decision, so read on for our in-depth comparison of their relative strengths. And that's a good thing — the retro two-tone look has made Fujifilm cameras the best-looking mirrorless model around. The X-T4's body is slightly larger this time, but you need to be well acquainted with the X-T3 to notice the difference. It's 2mm wider, 5mm thicker, and the same height.

One significant difference between the two is the rear screen. The X-T3 has a 3-inch 1. This is a shift from x pixels to x pixels, making it a match for the Fujifilm X-Pro3. Crucially, the hinge style has changed too. Where the X-T3 has a flip-up screen that can also flip to the side for awkward-angled shooting, the X-T4 has gone fully articulated.

The difference? Its screen can now be oriented to face out front, handy if you want to shoot selfies or vlog-style videos. A fully articulated screen uses a side hinge, so you need to flip it out and tilt just to shoot comfortably above or below head height. Flip-out screens may be less versatile, but they are often quicker to use.

Fujifilm has not changed the EVF substantially. Both cameras have a 0. So the main physical differences are the X-T4's slightly increased heft and its articulating screen. The X-T3 and X-T4 share the same sensor, a This also determines the autofocus system used, as it lives on the sensor.

There are up to selectable focus points, depending on the grid selected, but the sensor itself has 2. The timing of this suggests these changes were actually developed for the X-T4. They include much improved eye tracking and better face detection when more than one person is in the frame. It is a reminder modern focusing systems rely a lot on well-optimised implementation, not just the underlying hardware.Three different bodies, three unique feature sets, all equipped with the same sensor and processor.

If you are currently looking to upgrade, pick up a second body, or if you are new to the Fujifilm eco-system, this is a great time to be shopping around. I had the opportunity to help Fujifilm launch all three of these cameras, and shot extensively with all of them.

I have a good idea of what the strengths and weaknesses are of each of camera. I consider this the 2-seat convertible of the X-Series camera bodies. After reviewing the Dura-Silver model for 2 months, including a quick trip to Toronto and Montreal, I knew I had to get one. Not only did I love the design and aesthetics I ordered mine with the optional Dura-Black finishI enjoyed using the unusual hidden flip-down LCD screen.

For anyone who wants to criticize this design, just give it a try first and see what you think. Having the ability to quickly hide the LCD, but just as easily flip it down and use it as a waist-level finder is efficient and practical.

The X-Pro3 was also the first camera to get Classic Neg film simulation, which has now become my favourite film profile. The unique articulating screen is great for street photography, but horrible for video or for tripod work. Another issue is the fingerprint prone Duratect coating on the titanium top and bottom plate.

However, you have been forewarned. The camera that currently has the most hype is the most recently released X-T4. However, comparing it to the X-Pro3 would be a mistake. It can do anything and everything you throw at it. If you needed one body to do everything, you should get the X-T4. I do however have a few small issues with the X-T4.

If the screen is stored while facing in my preferred positionyou still have to flip it out sideways and then articulated to the right angle. This might seem like a minor point, but a swing out articulating screen also makes the camera wider, making it appear larger than it really is. Because of this, I typically keep the screen hidden and exclusively use the EVF or shoot blindly when using it for street work. I much prefer the older shutter button design on the X-T3.But how does it stack up to its predecessor, the X-T3, and which is right for you?

The X-T4 introduces several key improvements, including in-body image stabilization and a fully articulating monitor, but recycles the same sensor and processor from the X-T3.

The older camera is also remaining in the lineup, now for a new low price. Both are excellent cameras, so here is what you need to know about their differences, and why we think the X-T4 is worth the premium price. The biggest gripe from the Fuji faithful has long been that their X-series cameras lack image stabilization well, except the upmarket Fujifilm X-H1. We would have loved to have seen this feature in the X-T3, but it looks like Fujifilm needed some extra time to develop its new IBIS system, which is completely different from the one used in the larger X-H1.

It now provides up to 6. This is fantastic performance on a camera system previously thought to be incompatible with sensor-shift stabilization. You can use a telephoto lens with peace of mind, or shoot handheld video without worrying that a little shakiness will spoil your image.

Even if you often shoot outdoors with plenty of light, IBIS makes it easier to frame your shot by stabilizing your view through the viewfinder or LCD screen.

It also helps keep the autofocus point right where you want it, which can improve AF accuracy. Overall, this feature alone puts the X-T4 well above the X-T3 and is the primary reason to consider the upgrade. The X-T3 continued the unwanted trend of having an LCD screen that could tilt up, down, or slightly to one side for shooting vertically when mounted on a tripod.

Fujifilm X-T4 vs X-T3: Which should I buy – and is it worth upgrading?

With the new 3-inch vari-angle touchscreen, videographers and vloggers can finally enjoy better viewing angles and easier framing. On the topic of shooting video, there are some slight improvements in the X-T4.

The X-T3 had already distanced itself from the rather underwhelming video performance of previous models. It shoots 4k at 60 frames per second, with professional features like F-Log and high-bitrate recording up to megabits per second.

The X-T4 promises almost double that, with up to photos in economy mode from a new, higher-capacity battery. This brings the X-T4 closer to the Sony A, which still holds the lead at shots per charge. Fans of film photography that want the digital experience often move to the Fujifilm X-Series. The ergonomics of the camera pay homage to analog systems of a previous era, while the built-in film simulations bring back classic looks.

Based on the popular film developing technique that skipped the bleach process in order to preserve the monochromatic effect of silver in color film, it creates a high-contrast, desaturated look that is perfect when you want to create a moody vibe. Physically, the two cameras appear all but identical, but the control layout has seen slight changes.

The back buttons have been reshuffled.

Fujifilm XT4 vs XT3 Should You SWITCH? DETAILED Comparison, Review by Landscape Photographer

The shutter is a new mechanism, and more robust, tested toexposures. It also can shoot faster, allowing for continuous shooting at 15 frames per second, where the X-T3 topped out at Both cameras offer a resolution of 26 megapixels.

Below is an overview of the main specs of the two cameras as a starting point for the comparison. Going beyond this snapshot of core features and characteristics, what are the differences between the Fujifilm X-E4 and the Fujifilm X-T3? Which one should you buy? Read on to find out how these two cameras compare with respect to their body size, their imaging sensors, their shooting features, their input-output connections, and their reception by expert reviewers.

An illustration of the physical size and weight of the Fujifilm X-E4 and the Fujifilm X-T3 is provided in the side-by-side display below. The two cameras are presented according to their relative size. Three consecutive perspectives from the front, the top, and the back are available.

All size dimensions are rounded to the nearest millimeter. If the front view area width x height of the cameras is taken as an aggregate measure of their size, the Fujifilm X-T3 is notably larger 40 percent than the Fujifilm X-E4.

Moreover, the X-T3 is substantially heavier 48 percent than the X-E4. It is noteworthy in this context that the X-T3 is splash and dust-proofwhile the X-E4 does not feature any corresponding weather-sealing. The above size and weight comparisons are to some extent incomplete since they do not consider the interchangeable lenses that both of these cameras require.

In this particular case, both cameras feature the same lens mount, so that they can use the same lenses. You can compare the optics available in the Fujinon X Lens Catalog. Mirrorless cameras, such as the two under consideration, have the additional advantage of having a short flange to focal plane distance, which makes it possible to mount many lenses from other systems onto the camera via adapters.

The battery packs of both cameras can be charged via USBwhich can be very convenient when travelling. The table below summarizes the key physical specs of the two cameras alongside a broader set of comparators. In case you want to display and compare another camera duo, you can use the CAM-parator app to select your camera combination among a large number of options. Any camera decision will obviously take relative prices into account.

The listed launch prices provide an indication of the market segment that the manufacturer of the cameras have been targeting. The X-E4 was launched at a markedly lower price by 43 percent than the X-T3, which puts it into a different market segment. Usually, retail prices stay at first close to the launch price, but after several months, discounts become available.

Later in the product cycle and, in particular, when the replacement model is about to appear, further discounting and stock clearance sales often push the camera price considerably down. Then, after the new model is out, very good deals can frequently be found on the pre-owned market. The size of the sensor inside a digital camera is one of the key determinants of image quality. A large sensor will generally have larger individual pixels that offer better low-light sensitivity, provide wider dynamic rangeand have richer color-depth than smaller pixels in a sensor of the same technological generation.

Further, a large sensor camera will give the photographer additional creative options when using shallow depth-of-field to isolate a subject from its background. On the downside, larger sensors are more costly to manufacture and tend to lead to bigger and heavier cameras and lenses. Both cameras under consideration feature an APS-C sensor and have a format factor sometimes also referred to as "crop factor" of 1.

Within the spectrum of camera sensors, this places the review cameras among the medium-sized sensor cameras that aim to strike a balance between image quality and portability. Both cameras have a native aspect ratio sensor width to sensor height of The two cameras under review do not only share the same sensor size, but also offer an identical resolution of 26 megapixels.

This similarity in sensor specs implies that both the X-E4 and the X-T3 have the same pixel density, as well as the same pixel size. It should, however, be noted that the X-E4 is much more recent by 2 years and 4 months than the X-T3, and its sensor will have benefitted from technological advances during this time.

Coming back to sensor resolution, it should be mentioned that neither of the two cameras has an anti-alias filter installed, so they are able to capture all the detail the sensor resolves.

Consistent information on actual sensor performance is available from DXO Mark for many cameras. The following table provides an overview of the physical sensor characteristics, as well as the sensor quality measurements for a selection of comparators. Many modern cameras are not only capable of taking still images, but can also record movies. Both cameras under consideration are equipped with sensors that have a sufficiently high read-out speed for moving images, but the X-T3 provides a faster frame rate than the X-E4.